2.18.2011

"The Globe Shrinks" Barbara Kruger




"The Globe Shrinks", a multi-channel video installation by Barbara Kruger

I like what this says. I'm pretty sure it's not representative of the work as a whole, since Linda Yablonsky writes on
The Moment, "Kruger's perfect calibration of life's crueler ironies performs a kind of miracle, allowing the blind to see all," and while I can see where it's going, that's not what I'm getting from this photo. I wish I had seen the original - wishing I had sat in the dark, closing my eyes, away from it all, for a moment!


I've always like art that literally addresses the viewer, text as art basically. Reminds me a bit of Jenny Holzer, different messages and intents obviously, but nonetheless, here's one of my favorites that's from the MoMA collection I believe.









1 comment: