7.02.2013

Eduardo Sarabia: Tainted

I was hanging out at the MCA Denver a few weeks ago for their Summer Camp Orientation night and stumbled upon their Eduardo Sarabia gallery on the first floor, and holy yes, am I glad that I did.


If I had money money money (sing it, duh), you had better believe that I would be hanging one of these babies in my future home. These were some of the most beautiful paintings I have ever seen. The technical facility this guy has with oil paint is like yikes. It's one thing to paint a photorealistic painting of a person or a landscape, but to then paint splotches of paint that are giant and on top of said photorealistic painting and are also photorealistic? CRAZYTOWN. It looks like he was absentmindedly using old photos as palettes to mix his colors and then was like wait, these are gorgeous and decided to paint the mini-palettes, photo and paint daubs and all, instead. It was great. If you ever have a chance to see his paintings, or even better, buy his paintings, do it! 







No comments:

Post a Comment