4.12.2009

Let's get some shoes



These make up for the fact that they would probably make my legs look stumpy (because of their ankle-boot-ness) by being nude-colored, which means they might end up making my legs look süper long! Also, my apologies for the probably incorrect use of the umlaut, which I just tried to figure out on Wikipedia, but it directed me towards pages with words like "diaeresis" and "trema" which both sound oddly biological. It also directed me to one of my new favorite words that I can't believe I never knew: tittle. Which is also biological sounding, right? Probably because the first syllable is tit. Anyway, I just wanted you to say super with a French (I think) accent and was maybe also thinking about it in regards to über, which I would use to mean super, even though I don't actually know to what it translates.What a tangent! Back to shoes.




These would probably be hard to walk in. My new thing is no heels unless they are SECURELY fastened to my feet, ie laces, ankle strap, mary-jane strap, strange asymmetrical band (see below). But these are just too beautiful with their little beaked toe and all that swooping action around the ankle. I am swooning for the swooping.




These fit the abovementioned "security" criteria. They are also fucking badass. Nuff said.


Pierre Hardy, Jil Sander and Jil Sander - pics from barneys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment