5.30.2012

sasha frere-jones writes sentences

And they are good ones! A while back I briefly mentioned a Sleigh Bells concert review that he wrote for the New Yorker in 2009. After watching their set, he wrote, "I knew they were my favorite band in New York." STRONG FEELINGS ALERT. He also wrote some other things that I thought were good sentences.

"Sleigh Bells are part of a scene that will probably never have a name, because it is probably whatever pop is now."

"...almost any of their songs could find a home wherever pop lives now: TV shows, movies, commercials, concert halls, tiny electronic gizmos that blink in time with your heartbeat." 

"abstract post-punk lyrics are probably a threat to approximately nobody."

Read his whole review about this "new crazy" band that by now in 2012 is a bit "old hat"and think about where they are now? Do I like these sentences because of his use of the word probably? Probably.

This was my favorite song off that album: "Wonder what your boyfriend thinks about your braces. What about them. I'm all about them."




1 comment: