1.28.2009

Dinosaurios!

These are a few things that I do whenever I am feeling like Grumpy McGrumperson, that ideally make me feel a bit better:

1. Watch Maru, because honestly this cat gets me EVERY time.

2. Take a bath or a shower. Water is like a magic drug that makes everything disappear. And it's not illegal like some other magic drugs that might have that very same effect.

3. Watch Step Up 2: The Streets. Yeah I know this is lame, but I absolutely love this movie, and nobody, not even me knows why. Is it Andie's proclivity for shirts from a 1999 Britney Spears' music video? Talk of apple-bottom jeans and them boots with the fur? The fact that I actually paid to see this movie in theatres, in Harlem (which is totally more "street" than... anywhere?) and drank sangria out of a Nalgene and then dropped my friend's mini cast-iron pan in the bathroom and broke it? Maybe, but we can't be sure! It does make me happier though, so thanks Mr. Chu!



4. Play pretend life at fun sites like net-a-porter.com and brownsfashion.com and pick out what I would buy if I could! Sometimes, however, this backfires and makes me less happy by reminding me that I will never own this, this, or these.

5. And a new one! Read Dinosaur Comics. Published every day T-Rex and friends never fail to make me laugh. And of course, remind me that if I were T-Rex I could just stomp on things I didn't like. Ah well, in another life perhaps?

6. I almost forgot! Watch Arrested Development or 30 Rock. Because I identify a bit too strongly with both George Michael and Liz Lemon.

So, this post was obviously inspired that I have been grumpy and repeating numbers 1-6 instead of posting like a real "blogger." But I promise that coming soon there will be more better posts. Yep, take that grammar. I already used the subjunctive once in this post (although admittedly, it was probably wrong. Blurgh.) and so that about fills my grammar quotient for the day. Take that private education!

No comments:

Post a Comment