1.20.2009

excuse me, but I was told there would be mermaids.





All Photos from Nylon 

So I don't want to sound ungrateful, but McQueen promised some mermaids-as-inspiration in his McQ Target diffusion line and I am not seeing any mermaid influence. Which doesn't mean that I won't be going all week just before the collection is released to see if it has accidently been put on the floor already. I totally will be because I see some awesome cropped pants, a questionably fantastic black vest (but aren't vests always questionable?), and a jumpsuit! So despite the serious lack of mermaid, I am very excited for March to arrive, bringing McQ with it.

I remember like two years ago, I said something to the effect of: "Who would ever in their right mind wear a jumpsuit." It wasn't even a question. Just a statement, because I knew that no one ever would wear one. So I must be in my wrong mind these days, because I am constantly lusting after jumpsuits. They're totally impractical - I mean who wants to be shirtless in a public bathroom? Also, they aren't exactly flattering on my shorty short self. I keep trying to wear them though. Luckily I have only added one to my permanent collection, and that one also manages to incorporate drop-crotch/aladdin/harem/turkish/MC Hammer pants into the mix as well. Had you dared me to wear this two years, and then said you would give me some monies too, I probably still wouldn't have worn it. So it just goes to show you, predict trends by whatever shit you would refuse to wear RIGHT NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment