2.15.2012

baldessari sings lewitt

I remember seeing a Sol Lewitt sculpture for the first time when I was really young. I think it was at the Denver Art Museum, and it looked something like this:

(via Joe Kitsch)

and at the time I also remember thinking that I didn't really understand how it was art, that it mostly seemed like these Cuisenaire rods (see below) that I had learned how to do math with when I was about 7 and 8. 





So fast forward to college when I started learning more about art and delving into what really interested me and lo and behold I became something of a Conceptual Art Enthusiast. Still am today, for better or for worse. I love Lewitt's Drawing Series... at Dia Beacon, his installation at the Columbus Circle subway stop, and also his Sentences on Conceptual Art, as sung below by John Baldessari, who is also a lovely conceptual artist. What a quirky combo!


No comments:

Post a Comment